Txt. Psalms 1:1-6
This Psalm tells us 3 things about the blessed man. What he does not do, what he does and what he becomes.
1. What he does not do:
– walk in the counsel of the ungodly,
– stand in the path of sinners,
– sit in the seat of the scornful;
(i) What kind of company do you keep?
(ii) Whose counsel do you follow?
(iii) What entertainment do you consume?
2. What he does:
– Delight is in the law of the LORD,
– Meditates on God’s Law day and night
(i) Do you study God’s word daily?
(ii) Do you spend quality time in prayer every day?
3. What he becomes:
– like a tree Planted by the rivers of water
– Bearing fruit in its season
– His life also shall not wither
– A prosperous worker
(i) Are you firmly planted in the way of God?
(ii) Are you bearing fruit in your Christian life?
(iii) Do you have a testimony of the Lord’s blessing in your life?
There will be a penalty of ungodliness:
1. The ungodly shall be excluded from the blessings of the righteous.
2. The ungodly shall not stand(prevail) in the judgment.
3. Sinners will be excluded from the congregation of the righteous.
4. The way of the ungodly shall perish(eternal destruction)
1. We need to pray a prayer of commitment to Avoid wrong company, wicked advisers and all ungodly entertainment.
2. We need to commit ourselves to have the company of Godly people in order to get spiritual fellowship.
3. We need to commit ourselves towards positive Christian living by reading God’s word and spending time with God daily.
4. We need to manifest the fruit of the Holy Spirit through good works that glorify God.