Jer 33:3 Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.
Ps 91:15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
Prayer is the main avenue through which we derive fellowship, sustenance and divine support in the affairs of men. I wish to discuss issues regarding prayer in order to give clear guidance to believers on this important subject.
Below here is my teaching outline :-
- Man’s greatest calamity is lack of fellowship with God.
- Man’s greatest need is to have fellowship with God.
- Man’s greatest blessing is through fellowship with God.
Definition : Prayer is the channel of communication and communion with God.
Effects Of Prayer – Prayer has numerous benefits :-
1. Fellowship with God ( friendship, tuning and relationship)
2. Bringing God’s power down to earth ( Magnifying glass analogy)
3. Effects transformation:
(i) In the person who prays.
(ii) In the individuals targeted.
(iii) In families.
(iv) In communties.
(v) In Nations.
4. Links heaven and earth to function together :
Mt 6:9-10 In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Mt 18:18 Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
Mt 16:19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
Rev 8:3 Then another angel, having a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
Quotations On Prayer
- I have found the greatest power in the world is the power of prayer – Cecil B. Demills
- Prayer is the soul getting into contact with the God in whom it believes – Fosdick
- Prayer should be the key of the day and the lock of the night – Fuller
- I would rather be the Master of the Art of Prayer than MA of both Oxford and Cambridge. He who knows how to pray has his hand on the leverage that moves the universe – Spurgeon
Prayer makes us live in an intimate relationship with God, availing us His power for our lives and making us channels through which God releases His power and presence in the world, intervening in the affairs of men.
Prayer is therefore the most important activity on earth.